Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 2: Strange Days

What a strange day.

Did anyone else have a hard time getting up this morning, or was that detox related too? I couldn't do it. My mind kept telling my eyes to open but they wouldn't listen. There goes my morning yoga class. Sigh.

Surprisingly enough, I didn't feel hungry after any of my meals today. Not even around 3PM -that dreaded time of day you normally poke around your office space for something, anything, to munch on; a piece of chocolate; a cookie; some paper; ANYTHING!

Okay. I'm calm now.

******
I am interrupting this blog post because we've got a cheater in the house!!! My beloved brother has just gotten up from watching a movie to grab the hummus we made last night, and he's eating it with carrots (it's 10PM).

I know what you're thinking... what's wrong with that, right? Sounds healthy, yah?

Well, he may have made a healthy choice but if we're going to get technical then technically his last meal was supposed to be his liquid meal. More importantly, you must, Must, MUST leave twelve hours between dinner and breakfast so that you're body can detox properly.

According to the author of the CLEAN program, you're body is given the detox signal aprx. eight hours after your last meal, and requires at least four hours to function well. In other words, it's better to fast a little before sleepy time so that the ritual called breakfast exists. Get it? Here, let me break it down for you, pay attention: Break-fast. You're "breaking the fast" Ta-Da!!!

Speaking of sleepy time, I started having strange dreams last night. So did my brother. They say that at the early stages of the detox, some of the side-effects are nightmares. Yikes! So does that mean my subconscious is also detoxing by getting rid of any messed up movies I've seen, or stories I've read, or personal issues I may have buried back there? Oh for the love of Native Indians! Construct me a dreamcatcher already and let's call it a night.

Anyway. I'm beat. Time to count sheep. 1....2....Zzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment