Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 3: super spoon

I dedicate this entry to Gigi, my adorable cousin in Manhattan.


Obviously, the natives didn't hear my request the other night because I woke up yesterday morning from another disturbing dream.

First, I'm on stage with Lady Gaga at a concert she held in some theater (because that's what me and the Lady do). Then, I was by a river or on a boat? Or the boat was on the river? And finally, I went to jail. The kind of jail where "you're better off not looking anyone in the eye if you know what's good for you, little lady", said the mean security guard just before I began to cry.

Yah. Great dreams! My brother had a dream too. You ready? He dreamt (that's not how you spell it, is it?) that he was in a prison too!!! How nutty is that?? NUTS, I tell you.

Hmm... prison. It's either our body is getting rid of some serious toxins, or we're feeling emotionally and mentally trapped by this detox. I believe it's the former, because we're loving it so far. To be honest, we're  actually really starting to feel the benefits from it.

Yesterday, for instance, was an easy, breezy day -almost like wearing Cover Girl make-up, only not. We both had immense energy, loads of focus, and a sense of accomplishment with our day. I finally squeezed a yoga class in last night and still had enough time to make our dinner and today's lunch.  Super Woman!

The meals were super duper too: Pineapple and Kale Smoothie for breakfast; Roasted Chicken with Papaya, Mango, and Avocado Salsa for lunch; and Butternut Squash Soup for dinner -with enough left over for tonight as well. Yum Yum!

And now, the moment you should be waiting for: My brother's dream.

He was in Greece, naturally, because in our minds we're always in Greece, swimming by the Mediterranean coast, soaking in the sun, and enjoying fresh Kalamari at the local taverna on the seaside. Ahhh, bliss...

Well, unfortunately, this wasn't that kind of dream -so get over it.

He wasn't dreaming of the Mediterranean, no, no.  He was dreaming he was in a Greek Prison because of a fight he got into. As he's sitting in jail, he notices a swarm of people waiting outside for him -and it wasn't fan club or the media, but a gang out to get him (of course).

Then, at midnight -that fairy tale hour- the cops gave my brother his get-out-of-jail-free card. It was time for him to leave the prison, so he and his friend Tsoukala (if you don't know Tsoukala, then I feel sorry for you) started walking out just as the gang began to move in on them. My brother, alarmed by the herd of bad-asses, grabbed Tsoukala by the arm and said "Hey! You can't go there, they're going to get us!"

That's when he had an epiphany: "this was just a dream, I am the master of my dreams, I can control them" -I love that moment. When you realize you can be in total control of the way your dreams turn out.

Well, instead of oh, say, I don't know, pulling some matrix move, or tossing them aside with the wave of his finger -très Sylar from Heroes- he threw a spoon. A spoon, of all possibilities. Right in one of the guys' forehead. Bam! Neo's got nothing on you, bro!













Dragons breathe fire,Chuck Norris breaths dragons,and my brother, Spiro..? Well, he throws spoons.

Apparently, that was enough to make the others scatter, and so, my brother and his spoon, conquered!! Hooray!! May the Chuck Norris force be with you all day, my brother!

xx


1 comment:

  1. LOL I expected Tsoukala's character to have more of a loud and obnoxious presence in this story! hahahah :P Your bro played the maga so on one hand, more realistic. ahahaha

    ReplyDelete